You don’t have to be a yogi or hippie to enjoy the amazing effects of meditation. According to an article on Harvard Business Review and a recent study on mindfulness the research suggests,
Meditation sharpens skills like attention, memory, and emotional intelligence.
Below is an energy boosting meditation I was introduced to years ago by Gabby Bernstein that is meant to get you centered and focused. Ready to give it a try?
Let’s get started!
- Close your eyes (optional – highly recommended once you know the meditation without needing to read the steps)
- Using a 4-count begin breathing in (1-2-3-4)
- And hold your breathe for (1-2-3-4)
- Now breathe out (1-2-3-4)
- Finally hold your breathe (1-2-3-4).
- And again, breathe in (1-2-3-4)
- Hold (1-2-3-4)
- Breathe out (1-2-3-4)
- Hold (1-2-3-4).
- Release your breath
- Now take your hands into prayer position and press them firmly together for a 10-count (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10)
- Now release for a 15-count (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15)
- Again, press your hands firmly together (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10)
- Release 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15)
- One more time, hands together (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10)
- Final time apart (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15)
- Open your eyes and feel the energizing effects
It is recommended to try this meditation during an afternoon energy slump. When you notice your energy begins to lag take a few minutes for yourself with meditation.
In good health,
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org